StandardAero Business Aviation has received FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) to replace aging cathode ray tube (CRT) cockpit displays on Falcon 900C/EX aircraft with modern, state-of-the-art Honeywell Primus Elite (DU-875) liquid crystal displays (LCD).
StandardAero is the first maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) provider certified to perform the installation of Primus Elite on Falcon 900C/EX aircraft. The Primus Elite installation can be performed at any of StandardAero’s four MRO facilities. StandardAero also has agreed to make its Primus Elite STC available to other authorized Honeywell channel partners at a reasonable segment price.
Honeywell’s Primus Elite functionality includes XM graphical weather, Jeppesen electronic charts and maps and video displays through a cursor-driven, on-screen interface. The high-resolution graphics rendered by Primus Elite displays are designed to support future features such as Honeywell’s SmartView™ Synthetic Vision System. The new LCD displays available to Falcon 900C/EX enable operators to utilize the latest technology found mainly on newer aircraft.
Key benefits of the Primus Elite upgrade to Falcon 900C/EX aircraft include:
- Improved safety through geo-referenced aircraft positioning and XM graphical weather
- Increased comfort with video display capabilities
- Reduced cost of ownership due to minimal pilot training and reduced cooling requirements
- Aircraft weight reduction
- Retention of current display formats
- Advanced future growth capabilities
To learn more about this upgrade, please visit www.primuselite.com